License Your Dog!
Licenses are vital for your dog's safe return should he or she wander off. All license fees go to the Humane Society to care for the cats and dogs in need.
It is the law that all dogs over 6 months old in both the city and the county have a valid license. Your licensed dog can be reunited with you quickly. The cost of your dog being our guest is much steeper than the small license fee. Proof of rabies vaccination is required byboth the county and the city., a small hassle but worthwhile.
Licenses good for two (2) years:
- $20.00 - Sterilized (Spayed/Neutered) dog with proof of spaying or neutering.
- $48.00 - Unsterilized dog
- $112.00 - Sterilized (Spayed/Neutered) dog with proof of spaying or neutering.
- $266.00 - Unsterilized dog
Yearly Kennel Licenses:
Three ways for you to license your dog:
- Come to the shelter at 112 Critter Lane, Port Townsend, WA, during our normal operating hours: Tuesday - Saturday, 12pm - 5pm. No need to bring your dog.
- Download, print and complete our paper licensing form: LICENSE FORM (PDF)
Mail the form with payment to our mailing address. Please include self-addressed, stamped envelope. We will mail your license to you.
Humane Society of Jefferson County
P.O. Box 845
Port Hadlock, WA 98339
- Complete the online licensing form at right and submit. Then make your payment online by clicking here or below in the amount to match the license type you selected.
Please note on your submission that is for a license and any additional donation amount you choose to add. You do not need a PayPal account, you can use your credit card. Do be sure you get a confirmation. Rare, but we have had a few mix-ups.
Questions? Call us: (360) 385-3292
Thank you for licensing your dog!